Fearful Fido Package
This package is appropriate for semi-feral, feral, and dogs with severe anxiety, other than separation anxiety.
We do not set a specific time limit on this package, nor do we set a specific number of sessions, because the progression is determined by the dog, and some dogs respond to things quickly where others need more time to adjust.
Treating this is not "training" as much as it is treatment of the underlying emotion so we can get the dog in a mental space where learning can occur. If the dog is deeply embedded in the emotion, then "learned helplessness" is where they stay. They are unable to obtain relief and this eventually leads to physical ailments, from prolonged stress exposure.
Included in the package:
- No set amount of sessions, but you will get at least 6 hours of time with the trainer. Often dogs need shorter sessions, sometimes they need longer. Our goal is to gain you the skills to help your dog overcome fearful behavior. We don't stop until you are both comfortable.
- Email follow up after each session with a written plan for the next stage.
- Weekly support via email whether we are meeting or not.
- Access to a Facebook support group.
- Free lifetime (of your dog) support via text/phone/email - if you are ever in need coaching, experience setbacks, or have questions, the text/phone/email support is free for the life of your dog. If we need to meet in person, the regular Behavior Consultation Rate will apply.
- Access to set-ups to help you and your dog build the needed confidence to reduce the anxiety for an additional fee of $25 each set up.
In many cases of anxiety and fear, supplemental management items are necessary. Some of the items I implement for treating the underlying emotion include specific harnesses, leashes, clothing items (thunder shirts/body wraps/calming caps/etc.), and you will be responsible for obtaining these specific items rather than a substitute. I may suggest nutritional support, to help the body combat the effects of stress. Specific essential oils and flower essences can also be effective in coping with emotional treatment. In rare or very severe cases, we will work with a licensed veterinarian or veterinary behaviorist to discuss the use of prescription medication to balance the body's chemicals so we can start training alternate behaviors to cope with stressful moments.
This package is one where I would prefer you fill out the behavior history form first, and we discuss direction prior to purchase.
An online only version of this package is available. Management items are still required, and it will be your responsibility to obtain prescribed management items.