Predation Substitution Package
Does your dog like to chase squirrels, bunnies, or larger game like deer/elk/horses or livestock? Does your pup bolt away, jerking the leash from your hand and refusing to recall until the prey is miles away? If having your arm yanked out of the socket by a surprise deer fly-by or a sudden squirrel chase around the tree is at least a weekly occurrence, you will love this package!
Predation is a natural instinct for dogs, and yet, for centuries we have been able to isolate pieces of predatory behaviors in specific breeds and types to assist us in our daily life activities such as herding, hunting, tracking, and protection work. This package is personalized to your dog's particular predatory style, and will help put control of your dog's natural behavior in your hands. You and your dog will become true partners in life, with your dog looking to you for direction and happily engaging in your version of the hunt!
- Minimum of 2 private behavioral sessions
- At least one zoom session
- Access to monthly "hunts" - a supervised group walk with the trainer on trails where wildlife or livestock are likely to be present, for an additional fee of $10.
- specific harness for your dog
- multi function leash
- long leash (15' high quality leash)
- toys to satisfy your dog's hunting style.
- Access to a Facebook support group.
An online only version of this package is available. Necessary equipment will not be included but is still required.