Delightful Dining with Dogs! Group Class - 2 weeks. Starts June 7th, 2022
This advanced group class teaches you ways in which you can responsibly dine out with your dog! You must have taken a Social Manners group class or attended a day camp to be accepted into this class, and there will only be up to 5 dogs per class. If you feel your dog has social manners but you would like to polish them up for dining out, please schedule a private consultation first.
You will learn behaviors like:
- How to "park" your dog while you order or leave your table
- How to have your dog relax under your table and not try to meet people or servers walking by
- How you can share your meal with your dog tastefully or order them something too!
- How to handle situations with other dogs
- What local restaurant servers and owners need from you to be able to continue welcoming your pet!
The cost of class includes two "meals" where we will practice at the park prior to attending local dog friendly eateries. The first "meal" will begin after we have discussed behaviors that help your dog be welcome at venues, and will consist of snacks and drinks of your choice- water, sodas, and adult beverages will be the options. The second meal will be burgers or hotdogs/brats and will be prepared for you while we are learning more skills. Water, sodas, and adult beverages will be drink options.
Items required for this class:
- Stuffed Kong, or other stuffed food puzzle/toy or a chew that holds your dog's attention (antler, bully stick).
- 6 -15' leash with a carabiner.
- Portable/collapsable dish for your dog.
To register, please fill out the group class form found on the Forms Page. You can choose to pay here now, or with a check or cash at the time of the first class.