BASIC SOCIAL MANNERS DAY CAMP - 4 hours
Day Camp is an intense version of the six-week class. We will go over and introduce the behaviors that make your dog socially acceptable. These behaviors are tailored to the needs of the group present at each session. The types of behaviors we might learn would include some or all of the following:
- Basic obedience like sit, stay, down.
- Leash manners- how to use a leash to control your dog and addressing pulling, playing with the leash, and when and how to use different types of leashes. LEASH SKILLS ARE ALWAYS INCLUDED
- Greeting behaviors - not jumping on people, learning how to have a calm dog when meeting strangers
- Heel - why and when it is needed or useful, how to teach it, and where to use it
- How to calm your dog in social settings
- How to teach your dog to accept new social situations with ease
Social Manners Day Camp Structure:
- Introductions- Instructions for day - 15 minutes
- Information gathering on specific needs - 15 minutes
- Leash skills - INSTRUCTION - 15 minutes
- Break - cool off, get water, check in with dogs - 15 minutes
- Practice leash skills without dogs - 15 minutes
- Practice leash skills with dogs - 15 minutes
- Q/A on Leash Skills - 15 minutes
Rest of Day would be repetition of for each behavior the class agrees on during the information gathering for group needs:
- Break - 15 minutes
- Behavior Instruction - 15 minutes
- Practice - 15-30 minutes
- Q/A 5-15 minutes
If you feel you need additional coaching on a certain behavior, there will be coaching appointments after the class available. You can also sign up for additional ZOOM coaching appointments via a Zoom meeting.
Need a minimum of 3 participants to hold class.
YOU MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE FOR THIS CLASS - PAY ONLINE OR CONTACT CLASS ORGANIZER TO PAY WITH CHECK OR CASH
A DEPOSIT OF $75 MUST BE PAID AT TIME OF REGISTRATION (**see refund policy) - BALANCE WILL BE DUE AT TIME OF CLASS, VIA PAYPAL, CHECK OR CASH
YOU CAN PAY IN FULL IF YOU WISH AT TIME OF REGISTRATION (**see refund policy)
TRAVEL FEES APPLY TO DAY CAMPS. THE FEE WILL BE SPLIT BETWEEN THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS PRESENT, AND IS DUE IN CASH AT TIME OF CLASS (SEE TRAVEL FEE SECTION- for example the Thermopolis travel fee is $75, if the class is full and fee is split 10 ways, each participant will need to pay $7.50 but if only minimum number of participants attend, fee is split 3 ways and each participant pays $25)
**REFUND POLICY ON DAY CAMPS
No refunds will be issued once registration is closed. If you can't make the class and you have paid in full, you can transfer to a future class, however there will be an additional fee to do so.